A team who created a cross-disciplinary anatomy course traversing Medicine and Art, and a teacher who has put a transformative spin on law assessment, were among the 14 individuals and teams recognised at Thursday evening’s 2020 Vice Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Education awards function.
While the 2019 venue of the Marie Reay Building Superfloor was swapped out for a pandemic-necessitated webinar, the sense of occasion was no less for the annual celebration of the University’s best and brightest teachers. The event was expertly emceed by Professor Michael Martin, nicknaming the awards the ‘Schmidttys’ and appearing with an eye-catching Zoom background to boot. He was joined in the official party by Professor Brian Schmidt, Professor Grady Venville, and Professor Royston Gustavson. The 14 awards were distributed amongst four categories, with all ANU Colleges represented among the recipients.
Special presentations were made on the night to Dr Solène Inceoglu and Dr Katerina Kormusheva, as recipients of 2019 Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT) Citations for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning.
The Recognising Excellence booklet with full citations can be downloaded. You can listen to all candidates at our multimedia page. Finally you can also see the ANU News story Celebrating our Outstanding Educators.
Vice Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence
- Dr Timo Henckel – ANU College of Business and Economics
- Associate Professor Dipti Talaulikar – ANU College of Health and Medicine
- Associate Professor Krisztina Valter, Associate Professor Alexander Webb, and Ms Elisa Crossing – ANU College of Health and Medicine & ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Supervision
- Professor Edward Aspinall – ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
Vice Chancellor’s Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning
- Associate Professor Ben Corry – ANU College of Science
- Professor Shuk Ying (Susanna) Ho – ANU College of Business and Economics
- Dr Darren Lim – ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Associate Professor Heather Roberts – ANU College of Law
- Dr Tao Zou (Early Career) – ANU College of Business and Economics
Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Tutoring or Demonstrating
- Ms. Louise Blessington – ANU College of Science
- Mr Feodor Snagovsky – ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Dr Ruji Auethavornpipat and Ms Tereza Whiting-Kobelkova – ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Mr Ruvi Lecamwasam – ANU College of Science
- Ms Yuan (Helen) Ping – ANU College of Business and Economics
Kristie Broadhead is the Team Leader of Promoting Excellence in the Education Communities and Environments (ECE) – one of the three teams within the ANU Centre for Learning & Teaching (CLT)